Step 9 – Level Two Corrective Action
If your sample results show that you have exceeded an applicable benchmark value (for a single parameter) for any two quarters during a calendar year must complete a Level 2 Corrective Action in accordance with the applicable permit requirement.
- Conduct a Level One: Review the SWPPP and ensure that it fully complies with Permit Condition S3.
- Make appropriate revisions to your SWPPP to include additional structural source control
BMPs with the goal of achieving the benchmark value(s) in future discharges.
- Summarize the Level 2 Corrective Actions (planned or taken) in the Annual Report
(Permit Condition S9.B).
- Level 2 Deadline: The Permittee shall sign/certify the SWPPP using the SWPPP Certification
Form found on page 63 of this permit, and fully implement the revised SWPPP according to
Permit Condition S3 and the applicable Stormwater Management Manual as soon as
possible, but no later than August 31st of the following year.
- If the installation of necessary structural source control BMPs is not feasible by August 31st
of the following year, Ecology may approve additional time, by approving a Modification
of Permit Coverage.
- If the installation of structural source control BMPs is not feasible or not necessary to
prevent discharges that may cause or contribute to a violation of a water quality
standard, Ecology may waive the requirement for additional structural source control
BMPs by approving a Modification of Permit Coverage.
- To request a time extension or waiver, a Permittee shall submit a detailed explanation
of why it is making the request (technical basis), and a Modification of Coverage form to
Ecology in accordance with Permit Condition S2.B, by May 15th prior to Level 2 Deadline.
Ecology will approve or deny the request within 60 days of receipt of a complete
Modification of Coverage request.
- While a time extension is in effect, benchmark exceedances (for the same parameter)
do not count towards additional Level 2 or 3 Corrective Actions.
- For the year following the calendar year, the Permittee triggered a Level 2 corrective
action, benchmark exceedances (for the same parameter) do not count towards
additional Level 2 or 3 Corrective Actions